Yesterday our church had a big fall festival with games, candy, carnival rides, candy, zip lines, and candy. My son Gus has been asking me “how many more sleeps until fall festibal” for about 3 weeks now. He was very excited to dawn his Incredible Hulk costume. He put it on and came growling into the dining room to take pictures with his little sister Beau. As soon as she saw him she started crying and ran out of the room. She was terrified, but once she realized it was her big brother behind the mask she was fine. There were several little girls at the festival last night that know and love Gus but didn’t want to have anything to do with him when he had his mask on, but as soon as he lifted it up they were ok.
There are so many stories in the Bible where God had people do some very scary sounding things. To name a few; Mary, give birth the savior of the world. James and John, quit your job and come fish for men. Israelites, walk out into the Red Sea with the Egyptians tailing you. Israelites, go into the land of giants and take it for your own. God knew what He asked these people to do terrified them, so He gave them some very comforting words to help settle them down, “Fear Not!”
Sometimes God wants us to do things that frighten us. To name a few; Pray with that person you’ve never met before, move to another city, homeschool your kids, turn down that job offer. God says to you the same thing He said to Mary, James, John, the Israelites and many more people in the Bible, He says “Fear Not!”
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
If God has asked you to do something and you haven’t done it because you are afraid, remember who was behind the question. He is with you. He will give you the strength and the help you need along the way and hold you up with his hand so you won’t fall. You have nothing to fear.
The Incredible Hulk costume frightened Beau until she realized who was behind the mask, her super sweet big brother. What God has asked you to do may seem like a scary monster, but if you just lift up the mask you’ll see a super sweet face saying, “fear not, I am your Big God and I will help you do what I’ve asked you to do.”
- God is always with me.
- He gives me strength, helps me, and holds me.
- I don’t have to be afraid of anything He asks me to do.
- I went to bed last night with a horrible head ache and throwing up. Woke up feeling perfect. Thank you Lord!
- Jesus took stripes on His back so I could walk in health today.
- Got to sleep in an extra hour and a half.
- Josh got up with the kids this morning so I could shower.
- Clean hair!
- Grocery shopping done for the week.
- Gold Fish Crackers. They keep Beau very happy while we shop.
- Gus was very well behaved at the store.
- Chic Fil A for lunch! That sandwich never gets old.
- “If you think my hands are full you should see my heart.” – What a sweet bumper sticker.. I like when people like their kids.
- Another beautiful day in Texas!
- Got to take a really good nap this afternoon.
- Got Gus’ big Christmas present and it was on sale.
- Josh brought me home a bunch of Almond Joys from Fall Festival!
- I Believe In Jesus CD has arrived! Powerful kids music from my husband and father in law.
- Nana & Papa had a safe trip back to Tulsa.
- Lots of cute pictures and video of the kids at Fall Festival.
- Gus’ button up Star War pajamas.
- Got to spend 30 minutes reading, talking, and praying with Gus before bed.
- Really good food for dinner!
- Josh was home in time to give the kids baths.
- I pretend to fall asleep in Gus’ bed after books while he goes potty and he thinks it’s just as funny the 100th time as he did the 1st time I did it.
- Got to spend time laying around, cuddling with Josh, and learning about the Men Who Built America on History Channel. That’s my kind of Friday night.
- Popcorn & Fall Festival candy.
- Getting to sleep at a decent hour!