Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
Yesterday I wrote about the first part of this verse and how important it is to wait on the Lord and get a fresh supply of strength each day. Today, I want to look at the second part. It’s a really well known verse. It’s gotta be one of the top painted verses out there.. you know those inspirational paintings of eagles soaring? Anyway, it’s a cool sounding verse, but what does it mean. I had some questions when I read it this morning.
They shall mount up with wings like eagles. Ok, so I’ve got my eagle wings on, now what? Where do I go? Where do eagles go with their wings? They go high. Eagles can fly far above 15,000 feet. They can fly above the clouds, above storms. So I am supposed to go somewhere high. Ephesians 2:6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. That will do! When we mount up with wings like an eagle we soar high into the heavens to see a seat with our name on it, next to King Jesus! So awesome.
They shall run and not be weary. Remember in Forrest Gump when Forrest starts running and he runs across the whole country, but he has “no particular reason” for running, he just felt like running. Well we are different than Forrest, we have a reason to run. 1 Corinthians 9:24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! The reason we run is to win! What do we win if we run without getting weary? The incorruptible crown of eternal life. So it’s important that we don’t grow weary.
They shall walk and not faint. So we run to win, how do we walk? Colossians 2:6 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. We walk in HIM. “To walk in Christ is to walk in and after the Spirit of Christ, under his influence, by his direction, and through his assistance.” (Gills)
When we wait on the Lord and get that fresh supply of strength every day, we shall mount up to heavenly places, we shall run the race and win the race because we run without growing weary, and we shall walk in Him, without fainting.
That’s exciting! I’m excited! Get excited and do something great with the strength you receive when you wait on the Lord.. fly, run, walk!
- Isaiah 40:31 got really good for me today.
- I am seated in heavenly places.
- I am running a race, running to win, and there is a crown of eternal life waiting for me at the finish line.
- I am not only walking with God, but IN HIM.
- The kids slept in this morning so I had an extra long study time.
- Dry shampoo!!
- I got to teach the five year olds about King Solomon today and how he asked for wisdom.
- I need wisdom today.. what a great way for God to remind me of that, as I was breaking it down and making it simple enough for 5 year olds to understand, that story ministered to me!
- Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. Wisdom is God’s will, so when I ask I know I will receive!
- PB&J for lunch.
- Josh decided not to play flag football this year. I think it was a wise decision in this extra busy season.
- Everyone I talked to at church today said they were going to Fall Festival on Thursday!
- Nana & Papa made it safely to our house today!
- Gus asked to wear a tie to church.
- Josh sent me the sweetest text ever. I LOVE that man!
- Delicious BBQ at Rudy’s, Papa’s treat!
- Gus shared his banana pudding with me and Beau.
- Fun time playing at the park after dinner.
- Perfect park weather.
- Gus saw a disturbed group of fire ants and warned us before Beau could get into them.
- Beau loves when I sing to her at night even though I have a horrible singing voice.
- Gus and Nana got to read books together before bed.
- Only watched 1 quarter of the Cowboys game. Glad we didn’t waste 2 hours on the first 3.
- Praised my heart out to “Forever Yours” while drying my hair tonight.
- My husband listens and values my advice.
- I trust my husband’s ability to hear from God.
- Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God! Rom 8:14
- I saved $20 by ironing Josh’s shirts myself tonight. That’s like 4 Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy treats at Disney World!