Mark 11:23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
I grew up in a church where this verse was preached on all of the time. I remember my pastor having us circle the word “says” in that scripture as he taught about how important it was to speak to the mountains or problems that come up in life. I believe that your confession is very important. I believe that life and death are in the power of the tongue. But I also believe that we can get so caught up in the saying part that we miss what Jesus said in the previous verse. Mark 11:22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.
God is a mountain mover. Isaiah 40:12 Who else knows the weight of the earth or has weighed the mountains and hills on a scale? Mount Everest is estimated to weigh 357 trillion pounds, based on a formula some smart guy came up with. But God knows the exact weight. If He can pick up a mountain like that and weigh it, He can certainly take mountains in our lives (even the ones that seem to weigh 357 trillion pounds) and cast them into the sea.
I remember thinking when we were trying to get pregnant the first time, if I just say these certain scriptures enough I will move this mountain and I will get pregnant. I was putting all of my faith in my actions instead of putting my faith in God. I was trying to work some formula to get God to work in my life. Finally, after 8 months my husband and I realized that we couldn’t move our mountain by having faith in faith, what we needed was simple faith in God. We continued to speak to the mountain, but instead of our hearts believing if we said all of the right things our mountain would move, our hearts believed that God would move the mountain because He is a mighty God! We found out we were pregnant just a few weeks after that realization.
The God who has weighed mountains on a scale knows how much your mountain weighs and He wants to remove it, but you have to have faith in Him. He is a mountain mover.
- God is SO big!
- Having faith in God is not a complicated formula, it’s simple trust.
- God knows how much our mountains weigh and he knows how to remove them.
- God taught us a lot about faith while while we were praying for a baby!
- Josh got me all interested in Mark 11:23 yesterday… I like a man who makes me think.
- Passed by the church building today and Beau said “church!” then she started crying when she realized we weren’t stopping. I love that she loves church!
- Josh got to go to school with Gus this morning for a Dads & Donuts breakfast!
- Saved $45 on oil changes today with rebate!
- Our car battery died, but it was still under warranty and we got a new one for free.
- Picnic lunch with Beau upstairs.
- Fleet Foxes.
- Beau had herself a dance party while I folded letters and Josh stomped CDs, it didn’t feel much like work with her around.
- Demolition on our old fence started today and it didn’t effect Beau’s nap at all.
- I have gotten much better at saying No to sales people that come to my door, saving myself lots of time.
- New Kenny’s restaurant coming to The Shops At Legacy!!
- Sweet post from Josh on my FB page.
- Gus had a great day at school!
- Mr. Potato Head’s pieces were missing and Beau said “He’s a mess!”
- A new Real Simple came today and I sat down and read through the whole thing!
- Josh made dinner tonight, while I read my magazine.
- Dinner was good!
- Beautiful night at the park with friends.
- Gus prayed this tonight in the car.. out of nowhere “God, give me a little brother and bless him so he is going to live a long life!” Amazing! Especially considering He doesn’t know about Felix. Ministered to me in a big way!
- How To Train Your Dragon movie night! Gus loved it!
- I am very sore from sitting on the floor to watch the movie, but it was awesome snuggling with my little boy.
- Beau’s run. It involves every part of her body.
- Got a lot accomplished on this day off, tomorrow we sabbath!
- Gussy sleeping in his sleeping bag in our room tonight… telling us the spanish words he learned at school.