2 Timothy 2:15 (AMP) Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial)..
I think we all love the idea of presenting ourselves to God approved. But what does that look like? How can we become “God Approved?”
“In the ancient world there was no banking system as we know it today, and no paper money. All money was made from metal, heated until liquid, poured into moulds and allowed to cool. When the coins were cooled, it was necessary to smooth off the uneven edges. The coins were comparatively soft and of course many people shaved them closely. In one century, more than eighty laws were passed in Athens, to stop the practice of shaving down the coins then in circulation. But some money changers were men of integrity, who would accept no counterfeit money. They were men of honour who put only genuine full weighted money into circulation. Such men were called “dokimos” or “approved“” – Donald Barnhouse
The Greek word for “approved ” in 2 Timothy 2:15 is the word, “dokimos.” Dokimos were coin testers. They tested the coins to see if they were real of counterfeit. The coins only became approved if they passed certain tests.
We become “God approved” when we are tested by trial and our faith in Him isn’t shaken. We prove we are not counterfeit Christians. How do we become unshakeable? We believe what we have studied!
Study to present yourself approved. Not read casually, but study! Study means to put forth an intense effort, diligent effort, zealous concentration, persistence to accomplish an objective, unremitting attention, and determination. When you study God’s word you find out things like you are more than a conqueror through Him, the same power that conquered the grave lives in you, God is good all of the time, and best of all, God approved you when you made Jesus the Lord of your life.
Study, so when you are tested by trial you will pass your test and present yourself to Him the way He sees you… approved.
- My friend J.J. sent me that scripture and pointed out the tested by trial part which got me very interested in it.
- When trials come and test us it’s an opportunity for us to prove that we are God approved!
- When you study intensely, your love and understanding of God’s word starts a fire in you that can not be tamed.
- Clean sheets!
- I discovered my iPhone now has turn by turn, just like a GPS. Yes!!
- My small group got to go to a Perfect 10 house for single mothers and help organize some of the items donated to help the moms.
- My friend Julie has such a big heart! I love seeing her in action and doing what she loves best- serving God!
- I had a little over an hour of driving around all by myself today! So I had a powerful time of worship in my car.
- Beau said “church” this morning when we pulled into the parking lot of the church.
- The kids had fun at child care this morning.
- Beau said a full sentence today and it was a cute one “Please, I wanna go play with Dida & Bubba.”
- While Beau was napping Gus and I went in the back yard and played Star Wars. I got a glimpse of what it’s like to play with him at recess.
- I grew up closest to two boys, my little brother and my nephew who always used to play “guns.” I was pretty good at playing “guns” today because I watched them do it so many times.
- The weather was perfect for playing outside.
- Beau discovered the joys of Mr Potato Head.
- Extra sweet and loving texts from Josh today.
- Made a really good pasta bake for dinner tonight. The family gave it rave reviews.
- Ben & Elisa Haake are officially Frisconians! Got to go by and see their new house tonight. So excited to have them here.
- The kind words from Dale Helton about yesterday’s blog.
- When I was putting Gus to bed I told him to imagine God was standing right in front of him and to talk to Him like He was, and he said “God, I promise I will never forget about you.” I lost it.
- Gus has such a sweet spirit!
- We prayed that over him every day when he was in my womb.. “This baby will have a sweet spirit and a tender heart.” God answered that prayer for sure!
- My friend Briana and her family get to go to Disney Land in November! God really made all things work together for their good!
- Clean hair.
- TV night with Josh!
- Honey Crisp apples.
- Registered for Pink Impact 2013! So glad we are having it at the Frisco campus again!
- You by Hillsong. Sang and prayed this out a lot today!