Psalm 96:11-12 (MSG) Let’s hear it from Sky, With Earth joining in, And a huge round of applause from Sea. Let Wilderness turn cartwheels, Animals, come dance, Put every tree of the forest in the choir—
I’m pretty sure I have never heard a tree singing “How Great Is Our God” or seen the sea give a “clap offering” to the Lord, but the Bible mentions inanimate things praising God in several scriptures. Somehow in some mysterious way ALL creation is able to offer praise to the creator and He hears and understands it all.
In Luke 19 Jesus is heading into Jerusalem riding a donkey when a multitude of people began to rejoice and shout praises to Him. The Pharisees told Jesus to rebuke the disciples, and this was Jesus’ response.
“I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out.”
In other words, I WILL be praised, if you quiet the people, the rocks will cry out my praises.
What does a rock have to praise God about? Rocks don’t have families, houses, money, cars, health, or anything really. They are just rocks, yet Jesus said they would cry out in praise. They would simply praise God for who He is, not what they have.
If you feel like you don’t have anything to praise God about, think like a rock! Just praise God for who He is. He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Healer of broken hearts, Creator of the Universe, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Helper, Counselor, Wisdom, Protector, All in all. Praise God! Don’t let the rocks get one up on you.
- Jesus is worthy to be praised.
- Even a rock can see that Jesus is worthy to be praised.
- We have been given a voice so we can join with creation to praise the Lord.
- Relaxing and restful few days in Tulsa.
- Great night of sleep last night.
- Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits. Best breakfast food ever.
- Beau was in an extra sweet mood this morning, she had Josh & I wrapped around her chubby little finger.
- Safe trip back to Texas.
- Drive home seemed really, really fast.
- Great time of prayer with Josh in the car.
- Gus laughing out loud watching Toy Story 3. We couldn’t tell which part he was laughing at since he had on head phones, but it was a sweet sound.
- Beau still took a two hour nap when we got home!
- Clean hair.
- Suitcases unpacked.
- Clean clothes that smell like Nana’s house.
- Josh had a really awesome service with the 5th & 6th graders. God was speaking to their hearts in really powerful ways.
- Heard a great message from Pastor Cash Luna at church tonight.
- Pastor Luna’s translator. That guy was gifted!
- AMAZING worship! I love our church and I love our campus.
- Hearing “Revelation Song” being sung in all different languages was so very moving.
- God understood all of the different languages that were represented tonight.
- My son Felix gets to experience praise and worship like that in heaven all the time, only even better.
- Gus & his friend Zoe running to hug each other at church.
- My Grandma Wagner is celebrating her birthday today. Sweetest grandma a girl could ask for.
- My Grandma never forgets a grandchild’s birthday, and she has a lot of them!
- The smell of the heater being turned on for the first time of the season.
- My friend Becky sent me some picture of her little boy Nolan playing with the gift we sent for his birthday. So sweet!
- Cold weather, hot tea!