Most everyone who grew up in and around church has heard this verse, Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
I love the message translation, Enter with the password: “Thank you!” Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him.
If you want to get into my iPhone, you have to know my password. If you want to open my garage, you have to know my password. If you want to log into my online bank account, you have to know my password. Everything is “password protected” these days.
God’s presence has always been password protected, but being the good God that He is, the password isn’t a secret. He tells us exactly what we need to say to enter into His amazing presence. The password is “Thank you!”
I gotta say the last 50 days of counting the greatness of God and being thankful for everything I can think of to be thankful for, I feel like I’ve gotten further into His courts than I ever have before. He’s shown me things in His word that I’ve never seen before. I’ve heard his voice better than I ever have before. I’ve felt His love more than I ever have before. Being intentional about saying “thank you!” has made everyday a good day!
Psalm 84:10 says that Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere..
Just one day in God’s courts is better than a thousand days at Disney World, or a thousand days in Hawaii, or any other amazing place you’ve ever dreamed of visiting. So you may wanna make a note of that password.
- 50 days of counting the goodness of God. And what an amazing 50 days they have been. 1398 reasons down, 8602 to go!
- You don’t have to solve some mystery to get into God’s presence, all you need is gratitude.
- Better is one day in His courts than thousands elsewhere. I love that we can spend everyday in His courts it we want to.
- “He has made me glad, He has made me glad, I will rejoice for He has made me Gl-a-a-a-ad!” Used to sing that when I was little and I’ve never forgotten Ps 100:4 because of it.
- When my car wouldn’t start this morning my friend Sayra came and picked us up so we could still have a play date at the park.
- Gus had a great time riding his bike and playing with his friend Alex.
- I had a great time catching up with my sweet friend.
- Gus has been practicing his smile for his school pictures and man, it’s such a cute smile.
- Beau so enjoyed watching the outer space screen saver on my computer today. She was in awe of God’s creation.
- Gus thanked me for making him lunch!
- Power nap.
- Helped Gus write his very first book- “Verde & Rojo’s Adventure To Meet God” Two dinosaurs meet God in a volcano. Good stuff!
- I know it’s a bit early, but we pulled out “The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” One of my favorites!
- Vince Guaraldi – composer of the Charlie Brown music. Such well done songs.
- “You’re Not Elected Charlie Brown” is about as political as we get at our house.
- Sweet and encouraging e-mail from my friend J.J.
- I loved using Twitter today and reading tweets from my favorite pastors & ministers all over the world.
- Jesus rose from the grave so my sins would stay buried! – Judah Smith
- My car is not broken, the battery was just dead!
- Gus’ first response when the car started back up was to Praise God!
- Drove out to the lake to get the battery all charged back up.. The kids had fun looking at the water and listening to Love Out Loud.
- Found a new beautiful place to feed ducks!
- Quiet evening all to myself.
- Beau didn’t notice her sheepy blanket was missing tonight. Phew! I had to wash it and didn’t have time to dry it before bed.
- Check book balanced!
- I have won all 3 of my fantasy football match ups this season.
- Watching Josh smile while he read the story Gus wrote.
- Josh got home in time to watch a little Monday Night Football with me.