This weekend my Pastor’s wife, Pastor Debbie Morris, taught about a storm the disciples went through in Matthew 14. I love what she pointed out in verse 22.
Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home.
The disciples were instructed by Jesus to get into a boat and cross to the other side of the lake, and that’s what they did. They were being obedient, they were in the will of God, doing what He wanted them to do, but still, a storm came.
That’s such a relieving thought. When a storm happens in your life it isn’t always an indicator that you are out of God’s will, it can actually be an indicator that you are in God’s will.
I like what my husband said the other day, “If you never see opposition in your life maybe you and the enemy are going in the same direction.”
The Bible tells us storms are gonna come. If we are out of God’s will like Jonah, we will encounter storms. If we are right in the middle of God’s will like the disciples, we will still encounter storms. The good news is that Jesus knows all about the storms we face, just like He knew about the storm that would come against the disciples that night. He knows just what we need to get out of the storm and if we trust Him, He will not only rescue us, but strengthen and refine us so we will come out of the storm better than when we went into it.
- Pastor Debbie mentioned that part of the story I’d never noticed before.
- The storms we go through never take God by surprise.
- Just because we face a storm doesn’t mean we aren’t doing what God wants us to do.
- A very quiet, rainy morning.
- Very restful sleep last night.
- Gus was running a temp so we stayed home from church today and had a really relaxing morning.
- I’m thankful that the volunteers in the 4s & 5s can cover for me without skipping a beat.
- Breakfast in bed with Gus & Beau.
- Stayed in my PJs all day!
- 30 something years ago today my big sister Stefanie was born!
- Afternoon full of Disney movies and cuddling with my little boy.
- Got to take a little nap with Gus.
- Beau and Gus were not happy about having to stay away from each other today. Makes me happy knowing they really do love each other.
- 1,017 people got saved at Gateway during our Game Changer series!!!
- Beau let me hold her through an entire episode of Fresh Beat Band.
- 100 days until Christmas!
- My mother in law had a great ladies conference in Chicago this weekend.
- When you ask Beau a question and she’s not sure of the answer she says “Ummm”
- Vicks Vapor Rub.
- The very powerful healing song my husband wrote for kids “Stripes & Scars”
- We played it tonight for Gus and he sang it out in a very scratchy little voice, half asleep, and the presence of God filled his little room.
- On Tuesday “Stripes & Scars” will be available for families all over the world to share with their children!
- Carl & Lotso. Gus’ puppy and bear he sleeps with every night. They kept him company all day.
- I got to read 150 pages of Spiderman to Gus today.
- I finally had time to put some pictures into photo albums. Me & Beau had fun looking at all of the Christmas pictures from last year.
- The kids went to bed early enough that I made it downstairs to see the sunset.. really beautiful.
- Josh quit watching the Cowboys game in the 1st quarter to lay down with Gussy and watch Peter Pan.