I woke up singing “You Are Good” this morning. It’s one of my favorite songs that we sing at church, and I’m glad I had it stuck in my head all day because the words are so great.
..Your goodness knows no bounds, Your goodness never stops, Your mercy follows me, Your kindness fills my life, Your love amazes me. I sing because you are good…
Nothing and no one comes anywhere close to you, the earth and oceans deep only reflect this truth, and in my darkest night You shine as bright as day, Your love amazes me. I sing because you are good…
With a cry of praise my heart will proclaim, You are good! In the sun or rain my life celebrates, You are good!
We all have sunny days and we all have rainy days. God tells us in His word that it’s His will for our life to celebrate no matter what is going on.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (CEB) Give thanks in every situation because this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
It is God’s will for us to have joy and give thanks in every situation! God wouldn’t will something for us if was impossible for us to do.
It’s my will that my four year old Gus make his bed every day. It’s not impossible for him to make his bed, I know he can do it and that’s why it’s my will. However, I don’t will that my 17 month old Beau make her bed every day, because she doesn’t know how to do that yet.
It’s God’s will for us to give thanks in every situation, because He knows it’s possible for us to do. Easy? Not always. Possible? Always!
It’s important to see that this verse doesn’t say give thanks FOR every situation but IN every situation. When we lost Felix we never thanked God that we lost a son, but we did thank God for His peace, for His goodness, for His love, and for our family. Our hearts were fixed on Him and when your hearts are fixed on a good God who NEVER changes then you should ALWAYS have something to give thanks for.. in the sun or rain, celebrate!
- God woke me up and put such a great song in my heart this morning.
- Our circumstances change, but our good God does not.
- God showed me that if it’s His will then it is possible!
- I got to sleep in today.
- Josh made the kids breakfast and kept them nice and quiet while I slept.
- Perfect weather for playing outside with the kids this morning.
- Gus in his power wheels and Beau on her smart trike racing for prize thanksgiving turkeys.. all Gus’ idea.
- Beau kissing the flowers outside.
- Josh went to the store for me to get the eggs I forgot yesterday.
- Josh helped me get the fall decorations out of the attic.
- Josh filled my car up with gas.
- Spent the afternoon decorating the house for fall with 2 very sweet kiddos.
- The fall mobile I found at Pottery Barn Kids last year for super cheap! Looks so cute in the kids playroom!
- Got Gus a subscription to Highlights “High Five” magazine. I’m excited about getting to read them each month with him.
- Even though I didn’t want to at all, I ended up having a good work out this morning.
- A sweet friend from church got engaged!
- Gus was so sweet to Beau when she woke up from her nap this afternoon.
- Josh unloaded the dishwasher again today. He’s been so very helpful lately.
- Really sweet time in God’s presence during worship tonight at church.
- GREAT message from Pastor Debbie. So glad she got to share with us.
- Gus preached to me all the way home from church.
- Beau was talking about her Bible on the way home. I’m happy she got fed at church too!
- Wonderful, Beautiful, Glorious, Matchless in every way = my God!
- Josh got to preach about staying pure to the 5th & 6th graders tonight!
- Gus told me he was glad I was his mom tonight. I’m glad I’m his mom too.
- Beautiful message from my friend J.J. I love her heart.
- Hobby Lobby! Me and the kids had a good time finding a few more fall things for the house this afternoon.
- Gus’ little throat is sore, I’m thankful that He believes with all of his heart that God is his healer!