I tell my kids a lot of things– leave your seat belt buckled until I turn the car off, don’t eat sand, I love you, I’m proud of you, don’t bite your brother’s knee, don’t take your sister’s toy, you are adorable, it’s time for bed, and so on.
All throughout my day I’m telling my kids things, so I loved reading this verse today and being reminded that it’s important to tell them about the things God has done for our family.
Psalm 78:4 We will not hide them from their children, but we will tell to the generation to come the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, and His might, and the wonderful works that He has performed.
As parents, we have the responsibility to pass our praises down to our children. We need to tell them about His strength and His wonderful works!
My four year old son Gus loves Bible stories, but he also loves to hear stories about things that God has done in our very own family.
He loves to hear me tell him the story of how me and his dad prayed and asked God for a baby boy and finally, God answered our prayers. The little boy we had been believing for was on his way!
He loves to hear his Nana talk about how God miraculously healed her crossed eyes.
He loved when I told him that we had been praying over his eyes and that he wouldn’t need glasses. His words exactly.. “Those silly doctors thought I would need glasses, they didn’t know MY God healed me!”
We’ve gotta tell what we’ve seen to our children. It helps build their faith and reminds them that the same God that we read about in the Bible is the same God we serve today! Worthy to be praised then and worthy to be praised now!
- I have 2 children to pass my praises down to.
- When we share our praises with our kids it builds their faith.
- That Gus loves to hear his Nana & Papa’s stories.
- That someday we will be able to give our journals that we’ve kept, detailing God’s goodness, to our children.
- Extra hour of sleep this morning.
- Josh made me breakfast.
- Beau walking around with Gus’ Rangers hat on backwards this morning.
- September is here!
- The calendar that my sister Mindy made me. I always look forward to turning to a new month and seeing pictures of my family.
- Josh emptied the dishwasher.
- The house smelled so good all afternoon while the crock pot was hard at work on our dinner.
- Beau and the way she hugged her Bible so very tight this morning during Bible time.
- All of the old Gospel Bill Music Videos are on YouTube.
- Beau asked me “Where Papa?” when the video we watched of him was over.
- The new kid’s praise song my husband wrote is finished and we get to share it with the world now!
- Picked a good watermelon!
- Hot and delicious dinner waiting for us after church.
- The video of Gus reminiscing that Josh pulled up today. I’m so thankful we got so many sweet moments of him when he was little captured on tape.
- My husband is more handsome than ever.
- Gus will play for two hours alone every afternoon while I work and Beau naps.
- Free entertainment at the pet store this afternoon. The kids love looking at all the animals.
- I got to hear Beau say “puppy” about 15 times today. It’s ridiculously cute.
- Worship tonight at church!! I did not want it to end.
- We had comedian Michael Jr at church tonight. He was hilarious and his altar call was one of the best I’ve ever heard!
- 2 younger ladies stood up and walked down to the front to receive Christ at the Frisco campus tonight. Everyone in the room stood up and clapped and cheered for them. It was so moving!
- One of the ladies that went forward was pregnant. She kept rubbing her tummy. I believe that baby’s life was changed tonight too. He or she will now grow up with a mom who has been born again!
- Josh to got to lead a man to Jesus in the parking lot before church even started!!
- Jammin’ with the kids all the way home from church to “Speak Life” Mountains crumble with every syllable!