What does the Lord take pleasure in? What makes Him delight?
I’ll give you a hint. It’s the same thing I wrote about yesterday that brings us inexpressible joy. Remember?
It’s Trust! When we trust in Him it not only brings us joy, but it brings Him joy too!
Psalm 147:11 No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love.
When we fear (revere, stand in awe of, reverence, honor, respect) the Lord, it’s pleasing to Him because that fear turns into trust and honorable men love to be trusted!
In the verse before we find out He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse or in human might.
Seabiscuit, Michael Phelps.. not impressed. Someone standing on the word and trusting God for healing.. now that’s what He’s talking about!
Every child of God wants to please Him, many think it’s impossible. But it’s not! He’s pleased every time we put our trust in Him. So based on the scripture yesterday and the scripture today it seems to me like trusting God is a win-win!
- That there is a way I can bring the creator of pleasure pleasure!
- God’s not impressed with my own righteousness, but faith pleases God! I can do that!
- Making eggs for breakfast with Gus. He cracked all 6 all by himself!
- Me, my parents, brother, sisters, niece & nephew were all praying together last night and this morning. I’m thankful that we will see the fruit of what we have all been praying for soon!
- My sister’s husband got the job they were believing God for.
- God spoke to my sister in a really cool way about when she should have her quiet time.
- We had four first time visitors in my class at church this morning.
- Gus in his v-neck shirt.
- Linda Swanson. One of the most faithful volunteers Gateway Frisco has. Glad I got to work with her this morning in our packed classroom!
- Gus was excited about going to “The Lord’s House” today!
- I finally got my “Strengths Finder” book!
- Cliff MoJo Chocolate Almond Coconut bar.
- Josh got to take a well deserved nap this afternoon.
- Hearing Gus scat sing around the house today.
- Pastor Bill Sheer’s “Healed” message.
- Jesus took stripes on His back for me personally.
- Beau holding my fingers with her warm little hands before bed tonight.
- Gus’ first response when anyone is not feeling good is prayer.
- The sweet picture of Gus and his little buddy Nolan.
- Early to bed night!
- Hearing Gus laugh hysterically while Josh does his bed time routine.
- Almost all of my siblings were at a church somewhere with their families this morning.
- I’ve been redeemed from the curse of the law! (Gal 3:13)
- I found an all girl fantasy football team to be apart of this year!
- Hot baths.
- Cuddling and watching football.
- A sweet family at church blessed us with a gift card to go out on a date and free babysitting!!
- Josh is always the first to read my blog and tries to help me fix any typos.