Psalm 145:2 (amp) Every day (with it’s new reasons) will I bless You (affectionately and gratefully praise You); yes, I will praise your name forever and ever.
I love how the amplified reminds me that everyday brings new reasons to praise God. Everyday! Everyday we can get up and expect God to give us new reasons to be thankful. New reasons to praise Him. But, I think if we aren’t looking for them, it’s easy to miss them! That’s why I am totally enjoying the mission God gave me: for my heart to find 10,000 reasons to praise the Lord over 365 days.
Today when we got home we got an unexpected bill in the mail. We have the money for it, but it wasn’t something I wanted to spend money on. I was tempted to gripe, complain, sigh, and groan about it a little, BUT I couldn’t! I couldn’t let complaining come out of my mouth, because my heart was full of thankfulness. And out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)
My eyes have been opened to all of the wonderful things I have to be thankful for and for that.. I am thankful!
- Everyday brings new reasons to give praise to my King!
- My eyes have been opened to all that I have to be thankful for.
- That we have the finances to be able to pay the unexpected bill.
- We are home sweet home!
- My sweet Beau missed her mamma!!!
- Gus had a great time in Tulsa! I loved hearing all about his little adventures there.
- Josh & I got to pray together on the way to pick up the kids.
- Chicken Biscuit from Chick Fil A for breakfast.
- I realized the last time we made the drive to Tulsa was when we had just found out Felix was gone. How different the drive felt this time.. just 7 weeks later. SO thankful for all the healing that’s taken place in our lives.
- Safe travels all weekend for us, the kids, and grandparents.
- Got to have lunch with my mom and dad.
- Hearing my kids voices in the back of the car.
- Beau took a great nap on the way home.
- We didn’t have to drive all the way to Tulsa and all the way back today. Glad my parents could meet us half way.
- Beau noticed my toes were painted and was very excited about it.
- The grandmas made sure all of the kids clothes were washed.
- Beau loved her Pooh book just like I imagined.
- Gus spent at least an hour studying his new book on the way home.
- We got to listen to the mastered version of “I Believe In Jesus” in the car. Josh & his dad produced and wrote the songs. They all sound great. I’m so proud of them!
- Josh always drives on road trips.
- My dad sent Gus home with a wooden truck and blocks he made for him.
- The box of diapers my mom sent home with us.
- The swing set is completely assembled and the kids are loving it!
- I got to spend 72 hours straight with my best friend in the whole world and loved every second of it.
- Josh helped me finish folding letters for work tonight.
- Continued our staycation with a great movie night at home.
- My perfect pillow.
- Beau’s new word.. “puppy” I’m almost tempted to get one, just so I can hear her say it all the time.. almost.