Yesterday I wrote about how the praises of Paul & Silas not only loosed their chains, but also the chains of the prisoners around them who had heard them singing and praising God in the midnight hour.
The prisoners weren’t the only ones affected by the praise of Paul & Silas.
Acts 16:27-30 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. 28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.” 29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
This jailer was about to kill himself and spend the rest of eternity in hell, but Paul had compassion for him and got him and his whole family saved!
The jailer heard Paul & Silas singing and praising God and then he experienced the love of Christ when Paul cared enough to stop him from taking his own life. The jailer was so impressed. He wanted the kind of life they had. He and his family were baptized that night! Verse 34 says, and he (the jailer) rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.
This man went from being so fearful he was about to take his own life to REJOICING in just a matter of minutes. And all of it came from Paul & Silas’ decision to praise God in the midst of terrible adversity!
Let praise be on your lips today, no matter what! And impress people with the love of God!
- Paul’s example of love in action.
- That God never gives up on people and we shouldn’t either.
- I got to wake up when I was finished sleeping.. no alarm clock set last night!
- Extra time praying, studying, and reading this morning.
- The really amazing burgers & onion rings we had at Chop House Burgers in Arlington. Thank you Triple D!
- The hotel we booked through Priceline is right next to The Ballpark and we were able to walk to the game and saved $20 on parking.
- That my husband likes to shop!
- The cute, cheap shorts I found today.
- New shoes!
- That my first love, Jesus, is back in first place.
- Our awesome seats at the game!
- That we live close enough to big cities that staycations really feel like vacations!
- GPS. Turn by turn rules!
- Sweet conversation with Gus on the phone.
- The smell of baseball games. Takes me back to being a kid and going to watch the Drillers with my little brother.
- Great weather tonight!
- Free breakfast tomorrow thanks to Beltre’s home run in the 2nd!
- Cute pictures Papa sent of Gus swimming today.
- The impressive freshly brewed tea selection at Quiktrip.
- Pastor Randy’s message on Ps 133. Enjoyed studying it more this morning. Unity brings the blessing of all blessings!
- Dollar hot dog night! We had 8 hotdogs between the two of us.. I had one.
- Free wifi in the lobby.
- The timing of this trip. We planned it months ago and it came just when we needed it.
- Josh laughs at my jokes.
- House keeping!
- Small beds in the hotel make cuddling a must!
- I got to hear Beau say “mama, mama, mama” when she heard me on the phone.
Josh hung out with me in the lobby so I could publish my list tonight.