My husband had this awesome thought while jogging this morning.
“My wife began a campaign this year to be thankful for 10 thousand things over the next 365 days. Since she has started this, I have found that it has inspired me to want to give her more reasons to be thankful. Her thankfulness has inspired my goodness!
Psalm 37:4, “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
- My husband and the great revelation he shared with me this morning.
- The hour in the morning where it’s just me and God. The kitchen is still dark, everyone is sleeping, and I can pray and study totally undistracted.
- Beau can say the most important word in the world “Jesus”
- Josh keeps his body in shape!
- Beau’s eyelashes.
- Today Josh & Anna Hall are on their way from Minnesota to their new home in Frisco! I can’t wait to have them so close and at Gateway with us. They are true friends that are always sharpening us.
- Allie Brown was born! Today is her birthday. I’m thankful for her heart to serve in Amazing Kids and teach 4 year olds like my son Gus.
- Only 19 weeks til Christmas!
- The cloudy day.
- That we have 2 cars.
- For all of the times my husband has told me he’s proud of me for starting this blog.
- That God would speak to me in my kitchen while making dinner and give me the idea for this.
- Someone in France read 10kreasons yesterday! So neat to share this idea with someone across the world. If that is across the world.. I’m not great at geography, but I know it’s far.
- That Beau loves her bubba.
- The song “139” by David Moore. Always loved it and love it even more after digging into that chapter in Psalms today.
- That God has me surrounded!! and His hand is upon me!! (Ps 139:5)
- The way Beau says Cinderella- “YeaYea”
- For the words God spoke to us about Felix the day after he was born “Felix Mattered” The exact words that I needed to hear at the perfect time. And so true.
- For his tiny tiny little footprints. When I am missing him so much I can hardly stand it, it helps to go open up the little white box they are in and touch them.
- That we found a new video for “Jesus Is My Super Hero” on YouTube that Gus loves for Bible Time.
- That the devil is grinding his teeth in anger today.. His hopes thwarted! (Ps 112:10) He messed with the wrong family and we won’t back down.
- Both of my kids love books!
- For having to park far away from the store today because no one in our family is handicapped.
- That when Gus makes his list of 5 things he’s thankful for each day his “puppy” Norah who hasn’t lived with us for 18 months always makes the list.
- God delivered me because He delights in me. (2 Sam 22:20)
- That clean, safe water to drink is so easy to get to in America
- Matt Redman – the writer of 10,000 reasons. You can watch a clip of his story behind the song here.
- Gus told Josh he learned about Gatorade today aka Gideon
***Josh pointed out that to get to 10,000 reasons in 365 days I would need to make my list go to 28 for 145 days.. so I added one more thing to my list tonight and will the next 144 nights after that***